Monday 15 April 2013

Autumn Colour



Autumn is my favourite season.
Each year my ornamental pear tree blesses me with the most beautiful colours.
In just 24 hours, fresh leaf fall (above) transforms my garden to a vivid palette of inspiration.
The result is a cosy crocheted colour scheme to warm my winter days.



My lounge is graced by a crocheted throw rug and pillow in autumn tones.
(Panda pattern book 210, Throws & Cushions in 8 ply, 2007)


This granny square blanket is a "quillo" (a quilt that turns into a pillow).

When the cooler months arrive, it is a cosy throw for the lounge room where one can
rug up with a good book or in front of the television. 

During summer, the blanket folds up to become a soft filling for a decorative cushion. This cushion has a square design on one side and stripes on the reverse.

Cosy cape for keeping the chill away on those crisp autumn mornings.
(Made with 3 skeins of Moda Vera Cardellino 12 ply acrylic)
Screen print of the Murray River by Beryl Stutchbury
This is my favourite picture.  This is just how the Murray River looks in the half-light before dawn. Every time I view this scene I am reminded of the silent stillness of the river in the early morning.

What is your favourite season? May you find inspiration in the glorious colours of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment