Monday 6 May 2019

Beanies to Berets Exhibition 2019 + Textile Expo: Call for Artists

Have you heard about the City of Onkaparinga's "Beanies to Berets" exhibition?
(If not, you had better check out some earlier blog posts on the subject - listed and linked at the end of this one.)

This exhibition has been run annually since 2017 thanks to the amazing and dedicated work of Kaye Oliver and Helen Herde who have helped to organise the exhibition, dozens of artists and hundreds of beanies!

Do you want to join in the fun this year? 

Here's the latest information on this year's event which will incorporate a one-day
"Textile Expo" which I imagine would be similar to last year's "Creative Textiles Weekend" where textile artists and producers can show and sell their products directly to the public.


2019 Beanies to Berets Exhibition
5 July – 29 July 2019


Textile Expo
Saturday 6 July 2019
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.


Onkaparinga Arts Centre
22 Gawler Street
Port Noarlunga, South Australia




Key Dates


Exhibition
  • Postal: forms and entries delivered by Friday 28 June
  • Hand deliveries:  forms and entries delivered between 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
    Monday 24 to Friday 28 June and 12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Saturday 29 June
  • Unsold entries to be collected by Friday 9 August

Textile Expo
  • Applications for the Textile Expo are to be received by Friday 14 June
  • Successful applicants will be advised by Friday 21 June
  • Access to the Arts Centre to set up will be available from 8:00 a.m. on Saturday 6 July, or between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. the day prior, Friday 5 July 
  • All stallholders need to be set up by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday 6 July

For more information and application forms, please follow the City of Onkaparinga's links to the Beanies to Berets web page: http://onkaparingacity.com/onka/discover/arts_culture/arts_galleries/beanies_to_berets_exhibition_and_textile_expo.jsp


I'm not sure whether I will attend as a participant or a visitor this year.  Last year, I attended the Creative Textiles Weekend as a visitor and ended up demonstrating a crochet technique!

One of the crochet demonstrators and I were sharing our techniques with each other and people gathered around us to watch.   It's so much fun to mingle with people who share one's passion.



I hope to see you there! 




Further Information


Beanies to Berets Exhibition and Textile Expo: http://onkaparingacity.com/onka/discover/arts_culture/arts_galleries/beanies_to_berets_exhibition_and_textile_expo.jsp

City of Onkaparinga:
Nash, Tara, "An Exhibition You Can Hang Your Hat On", Southern Times, Messenger Newspapers, Photo: Keryn Stevens, Australian Associated Press (AAP), 26 June 2019: http://messenger.smedia.com.au/southern-times/PrintArticle.aspx?doc=MST%2F2019%2F06%2F26&entity=ar00902

Nash, Tara, "Hats Off to This Colourful Show", The Advertiser, [newspaper], advertiser.com.au, p. 31, Photo: Keryn Stevens AAP, Friday 28 June 2019.


Links to Related Posts on Lupey Loops



"Beanies to Berets - Bigger and Better", 21 June 2018:  https://lupeyloops.blogspot.com/2018/06/beanies-to-berets-bigger-and-better.html

"Fun at the Beanies to Berets Exhibition and Sale (Part 2)", 17 November 2017: https://lupeyloops.blogspot.com/2017/11/fun-at-beanies-to-berets-exhibition-and.html

"Fun at the Beanies to Berets Exhibition and Sale (Part 1)", 20 September 2017: https://lupeyloops.blogspot.com/2017/09/fun-at-beanies-to-berets-exhibition-and.html

"Beanies to Berets Exhibition & Sale Now Open!", 25 June 2017: https://lupeyloops.blogspot.com/2017/06/beanie-to-berets-exhibition-sale-now.html 

6 comments:

  1. I'll book my flight and be there for the festivities! I wish! They sound like wonderful exhibits to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had the money I would buy you a ticket! I met some other artists this week and saw some amazing work. I'll have some news soon.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could be there for all the fun events. Meanwhile, I'm so behind with my blog reading. It's been a crazy few weeks and I went to France (without my camera!). In a couple of weeks I'm taking my summer vacation so as soon as I catch up, I'll be behind again :-) But I am glad to be here and hope you're having a fun time, Jodie.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you would forget your camera, Amalia! As long as the your built in camera (eyes and brain) work to soak in the views and remember them. I am also behind in blog reading and especially blog writing. I hope to share some news soon. I am looking forward to the Beanies to Berets this year - I spent time with some other contributing artists this week and was very impressed by the variety of work represented by just the four of us. Imagine how amazing the entire exhibition will be!

      Delete
  3. nice article.
    thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete