Monday 15 January 2024

Is it safe to come out and play?

Crocheted turtle in sky blue with hexagonal crocheted patches in different colours on the shell. Turtle is facing the camera with a happy smile on its face.


Three and a half years since the last blog post.

The world's been through tumultuous times.  

Like a turtle I retreated into my shell.




Overstretched, overwhelmed and overpowered by stressful life circumstances, my capacity for online activities waned.  As much as I wanted to immerse myself in blogland and read all of your bloggy news, I physically could not sit in front of a screen to do so.

The worst of it was that I lost my 'CroJo' when I needed the benefits of crochet therapy the most!

We know it is serious when I'm too exhausted to crochet!


White blocking board with green grid. Pinned to it are two crocheted (almost) squares in honeycomb stitch. The yarn is variegated white and pale blue. The colours have pooled in irregular ways. The pieces measure 8 inches by 7.5 inches.
Going potty!
Two sides of a tricot potholder on the blocking board.




But, after much effort, healing has begun. I think I am ready to come out now. 

As I push back the curtains and look through the window to the blogosphere,
I wonder who is still out there, ready to play?


Blue doiley with pineapple motifs, approximately 7 inches in diameter.



Please say hi in a comment below if you are still in the playground!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back, I am still here, reading but not posting so much. There is still so much going on in my life time is limited. So glad to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Meredith, I think we are both at a life stage where the demands on our time and energy come from all directions! I am trying to catch up on all you have been through recently. Glad to see you are still crafting.

      Delete
  2. Good to see you here :-) I am here lurking (in the nicest sense of the word). I have been away for a time too but I try and keep up by reading blogs. There have been and still are too many health issues in the family for me to settle back down to blogging as I did. I hold on to it though because I want to get back to blogland some day. Keep well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, thank you for coming out to say Hi! I hope you are feeling okay - when it comes to health taking precedence oer blogging, I hear ya and feel the same about getting back to blogging more actively in the future. Here's a toast to better health!

      Delete
  3. It's good to see you back, I haven't posted for far longer than you but I do still read when I can and I still crochet, just not as much as I used to. Helen (used to be She Loves To Crochet)

    ReplyDelete