|A summary of my week in crochet.|
My blog entries have been irregular lately due to
'hatches, dispatches and bad health patches'!
Thank you for your patience with the pause between posts.
As the first semester of the study year gets into full swing, family life takes priority.
Autoimmune disease limits my energy–there are no reserves to draw upon when extra demands arise–so something has to give.
With more errands and hot weather come more symptoms too. Physical health has been a daily challenge. Restoring the balance means less blogging and more rest while trying to manage a very busy time.
I've harnessed crochet to stay calm under stress and find joy in each day. Those projects I started at the end of January are coming along nicely.
You can see their progress in my photo which gives clues about my recent crochet week(s):
- Lime green baby blanket (the stitch has been described as 'griddle stitch' or 'cobble stitch')
- I picked up Issue 61 of Inside Crochet magazine at the newsagent this week. Originally published in December 2014 in the United Kingdom, it is only appearing in the shops now (March 2015).
- A little gift (noodle) box to celebrate a new baby boy!
- A skein of Moda Vera Noir variegated sock yarn going through the knitting dolly.
- Underneath the knitting dolly is the "WIP Project Bag" (pattern by Janet Brani) which is still a WIP. Should I rename it the "FO Project Bag" when it is complete?
- A strip of purple ribbing which is hoping to turn into a belt-tie for my purple cardigan. When it tells me it is long enough, I will fasten off and publish the blog entry for the finished Belcarra Cardigan.
That's a quick photographic update for now, with more details to come when the projects are done.
How has your week been?
Links and References
"MCTD Resources" blog page, Lupey Loops: http://lupeyloops.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page.html
"Belcarra Cardigan" by Robyn Chachula, Interweave, a division of F+W Media Inc., 4868 Innovation Drive, Fort Collins, Colorado 80525, USA:
- Crochet Me web site: http://www.crochetme.com/media/p/115970.aspx
- Interweave Crochet magazine, Winter 2010: http://www.interweavestore.com/interweave-crochet-winter-2010-digital-edition?_iwcspid=115970
- Ravelry project page: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/belcarra-cardigan
- Ravelry designer page: http://www.ravelry.com/designers/robyn-chachula
Inside Crochet magazine, Issue 61, December 2014, Tailor Made Publishing, PO Box 6337, Bournemouth BH1 9EH, United Kingdom:
Lupey Loops, blog, related entries:
- "A Bad Case of …" blog entry, 29 January 2015: http://lupeyloops.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/a-bad-case-of.html
- "Library Haul" blog entry, 9 December 2014: http://lupeyloops.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/library-haul.html
"WIP Project Bag" by Janet Brani:
- Crochet One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects from Crocheters Around the World, edited by Judith Durant & Edie Eckman, 1st printing, ISBN 978-1-61212-042-3, www.storey.com, Storey Publishing LLC, 210 MASS MoCA Way, North Adams, MA 01247, USA, 2013
- Ravelry project page: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wip-project-bag
- Ravelry designer page: http://www.ravelry.com/designers/janet-brani