|Max finishes off a piece of hay.|
Max loves eating hay.
He loves nibbling on all sorts of things which prompted a little rhyme and a list of bunny-themed crochet patterns.
One, two,Nibble my shoe.
Cuddles are great.
Let's do it again!
Please enjoy this list of bunny patterns with photos of those that I have crocheted.
(Made by Jodiebodie, March 2007)
Pattern: "Richard Rabbit" by Lesley Stanfield 2005
Yarn: Panda Carnival 8 ply 100% wool
Hook: 2.5 mm
They were all made of 8 ply (DK) yarn and are great stashbusters. A pom pom tail enables bunny to sit upright. They are 24 cm long from ears to toes.
"Amethyst Rabbit" was a gift for a little girl who needed comfort in a hurry. She loves pink, purple and flowers. Luckily I had some in the stash. A little crocheted applique provided the floral finish for a 'girlie-girl'.
(Made by Jodiebodie, April 2007)
Pattern: "Richard Rabbit"
by Lesley Stanfield 2005
Yarn: remnant 8 ply acrylic
(Made by Jodiebodie, April 2007)
Pattern: "Richard Rabbit"
by Lesley Stanfield 2005
Yarn: Panda Carnival 8 ply wool
& remnant acrylic
|"Bunny Phone Cover Mark II"|
(Made by Jodiebodie May 2010)
Based on a pattern in Stoller 2006:
"Cozy Pod Creatures" by Cynthia Combs
Yarn: Size 5 rayon
Hook: 1.5 mm
My bunny phone cover was inspired by a screen saver on my Nokia 6300 mobile phone. The camera lens became bunny's nose.
|Nokia 6300 with bunny screen saver.|
A hole would appear on the green and a bunny
would pop up, look about and then
disappear down the hole again!
Then another hole would appear somewhere
else on the green and so forth...
My first amigurumi friend was a tiny, lop-eared Easter bunny (free pattern from Lion Brand), photographed here with balls of yarn to give a sense of scale.
My youngest child named it , "Poppy, the hoppy loppy" and known as, "Hoppy Loppy" ever since.
(Made by JodiebodieApril 2010)
Pattern: "Best Bunny", Lion Brand
Yarn: sport/baby weight acrylic
Hook: not recorded
|"Heartfelt Baby Boy Blue Bunny"|
(Made by Jodiebodie April 2011)
Pattern: "Amigurumi Heartfelt Bunny"
by Lion Brand
Yarn: Panda Carnival 8 ply Acrylic
Kmart Homemaker Everyday 8 ply Acrylic
Hook: 5 mm
AllFreeCrochet.com, search term 'bunny': http://www.allfreecrochet.com/?task=search&search_type=standard&is_form=1&search_term=bunny
Crochet Me (Interweave) [PDF]:
- "Sir Stephen the Bunny" by Donna Childs, "11 Free Crochet Amigurumi [e-book], Crochet Me, 2016: http://www.crochetme.com/crochet-amigurumi-patterns
Lion Brand [PDF]:
- "Amigurumi Chocolate Bunny": http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80095AD.html
- "Amigurumi Heartfelt Bunny" 1998‒2016: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80018AD.html
- "Bella the Bunny": http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80448AD.html
- "Best Bunny" 2006: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60480A.htm
- "Earth Bunny Blanket" 2005: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/81030AD.html
- "Eco Bunny Blanket" 2005: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/81029AD.html
- "Fuzzy Bunny Blanket" 2008: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/81028AD.html
- "Mr Funky Bunny in a Dress": http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/FunkyBunny.html
- "Wee Rabbit Egg Cozy": http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90230AD.html
Red Heart [PDF]:
- "Bunny Comfort Blankie" by Salena Baca, LW4210, 2014: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/bunny-comfort-blankie
- "Bunny Hat & Booties" by Michele Wilcox, LC2432, 2010: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/bunny-hat-booties
- "Filet Crochet Bunny Blanket" by Zelda Workman, WR1639, 2008: http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/WR1639.pdf
- "Fluffy Bunny Hat" by Sharon Mann, LW4704, 2015: http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW4704.pdf
- "Mom & Me Bunny Scrubby Mitts" by Michele Wilcox, LW5169, 2016: http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW5169.pdf
- "My First Bunny" by Michele Wilcox, LW2305, 2010: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/my-first-bunny
- "Sweet Bunny Hat" by Selena Baca, LW4393, 2015: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/sweet-bunny-hat
Spotlight Pty Ltd [PDF]:
- "Passioknit Mini Bunny Pouf", #S108074_E13, 2016: http://www.spotlightstores.com/projects#passioknit-mini-bunny-pouf/
- "Superwash Merino Crochet Bunnies", Spotlight #S101200_E15_14_1, 2014: http://www.spotlightstores.com/projects#4ply-superwash-merino-crochet-bunnies/
Stip & Haak, "Konijntje Pluis" ("Bunny Fluff") by Herriet (Dutch & English versions) [PDF and web site]: http://www.stipenhaak.nl/gratis-patronen/konijn-pluis.html
Patterns for Purchase Online
Anderson, Susan B, "Bunny Hat & Blanket", Spud & Chloë Leaflet no. 9212: http://www.spudandchloe.com/patterns/bunny-hat-blankie/
Crochet Me Amigurumi Calendar, 2012: http://www.interweavestore.com/crochet-me-crochet-amigurumi-pattern-kit
- "Sunny the Bunny" by Laura Gibbons
- "Little Bunny Foo Foo" by Toni Rexroat: http://www.crochetme.com/crochet-patterns/amigurumi-patterns/little-bunny-foo-foo-amigurumi-calendar-contestant
Hendrix, Shelle, "Bunny Hat and Diaper Cover Set", Hats & Diaper Covers [paperback] booklet no. 75386, Leisure Arts, USA, March 2013: http://www.leisurearts.com/bunny-hat-and-diaper-cover-set-epattern.html
I Like Crochet [digital magazine]:
- "Bailey the Bunny" by Jackie Laing, April 2016: http://www.ilikecrochet.com/amigurumi-crochet-patterns/bailey-the-bunny/
- "Bunny Hop Set" by Olivia Kent, April 2016: http://www.ilikecrochet.com/baby-crochet-patterns/bunny-hop-set/
- Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/233285505/crochet-amigurumi-sleepy-bunny-pattern
- LoveCrochet.com: http://www.lovecrochet.com/sleepy-bunny-crochet-pattern-by-kornflakestew
Stip & Haak [PDF] colourful, cuddly toys by Herriet:
- "Snuf Konijn" ("Snuf Rabbit") in Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish and Danish: http://stipenhaak.nl/mijn-patronen/snuf-konijn.html
- "Snuf Konijn *Mini*" ("Mini Snuf Rabbit") in Dutch & English: http://stipenhaak.nl/kleine-patronen/snuf-konijn-mini.html
(Made by Jodiebodie August 2009)
Pattern: "Nursery Favourites"
Creative Needles Issue 15, 1991
Yarn: Milford Soft Knitting & Crochet Cotton 4 ply
Hooks: 2.5 mm & 3 mm
Bragg, Joyce, "Hunny Bunny Romper Set", Crochet for a Quiet Evening [Crochet magazine special issue], October 2013, USA.
Childs, Donna, "Sir Stephen the Bunny", Interweave Crochet, Summer 2008 [magazine]; "7 Free Crochet Amigurumi Patterns" [e-book], Crochet Me; "8 Free Amigurumi Crochet Patterns" [e-book], Crochet Me; "11 Free Crochet Amigurumi [e-book], Crochet Me, Interweave, USA 2016: http://www.crochetme.com/crochet-amigurumi-patterns
Combs, Cynthia, "Cozy Pod Creatures" see Stoller, 2006.
Creative Needles [periodical], "Nursery Favourites", Issue 15, Fabbri Publications UK Ltd. / Gruppo Editoriale Fabbri, London, UK, 1991.
Engman, Camilla, "Bedfellows" see Stoller, 2006.
Garratt, Becky, "Hoppy Easter Bunny Decorations", Simply Crochet [magazine], April 2016, UK.
Gibbons, Laura, "Sunny the Bunny" Crochet Me Amigurumi Calendar, 2012: http://www.interweavestore.com/crochet-me-crochet-amigurumi-pattern-kit
Hirst, Catherine, "Mama and Baby Bunny", Teeny Tiny Crochet: 35 adorably small projects, Cico Books, www.cicobooks.com, an imprint of Ryland Peters & Small, London, UK, 2012.
Obaachan, Annie, "Cheeky Bunny", Amigurumi Animals, St Martin's Press 2008 www.stmartins.com, First US edn Feb 2008 ISBN-13: 978-0-312-37820-2, ISBN-10: 0-312-37820-3 Quintet Publishing Limited, 6 Blundell Street, London, N7 9BH, UK 2008.
Okawa, Hisako & Shizue, Long Legged Friends: Crochet Creatures to Create and Cuddle, Andrews McMeel Publishing LLC
ISBN 978-1-4494-1751-2, USA, 2009:
- "Fluffy Rabbits"
- "Fuzzy Rabbit"
- "Little Rabbits"
Rimoli, Ana Paula, "The White Rabbit", Crochet Today [magazine discontinued 2014], March/April 2011
Spotlight Pty Ltd, "Bunny Rabbit", Comfy Styles: knits for comfort and elegance [booklet], Australia 2009.
Stanfield, Lesley, "Richard Rabbit", Adorable Crochet for Babies and Toddlers: 22 projects to make for babies from birth to two years, ISBN 1-84340269-6, Collins & Brown, imprint of Chrysalis Books Group plc, Great Britain 2005.
Stoller, Debbie, Stitch'n'Bitch Crochet: the Happy Hooker, ISBN-13: 978-0-7611-3985-0 , ISBN-10: 0-7611-3985-0, Workman Publishing New York, USA 2006:
- "Bedfellows" by Camilla Engman
- "Cozy Pod Creatures" by Cynthia Combs
Webber, Kath, "Sleepy Bunny Snuggle Blanket", Simply Crochet [magazine], Issue 42, April 2016, UK.
Wilcox, Michele, "Snuggly Bunny", Crochet Today [magazine discontinued 2014], April/May 2007, UK.
Related Posts on Lupey Loops
"Messy to the Max" 29 September 2015: http://lupeyloops.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/messy-to-max.html
"Secret Baby Items (of bibs and blankies)" 4 September 2014: http://lupeyloops.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/secret-baby-items-of-bibs-blankies.html
"Smokey" 23 October 2013: http://lupeyloops.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/smokey.html
Jodiebodie's Ravelry Project Pages
- Amethyst Rabbit: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Jodiebodie/richard-rabbit-3
- Bunny Bib: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Jodiebodie/bunny-bib
- Bunny Phone Cover Mk II: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Jodiebodie/bunny-phone-cover-mk-ii
- Heartfelt Baby Boy Blue Bunny: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Jodiebodie/amigurumi-heartfelt-bunny
- Hoppy Loppy: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Jodiebodie/best-bunny
- Richard Rabbit: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Jodiebodie/richard-rabbit
- Rosie Rabbit: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Jodiebodie/richard-rabbit-2