We just had a long weekend in South Australia
with a public holiday Monday for Adelaide Cup Day.
I know my blog has been quiet lately but didn't expect it to be this quiet for a giveaway. There were only two entrants for the two goodie bags but that's okay. I would rather prizes go to those who truly want them. This way, no one misses out. Yay!
The lucky winners are:
|Tour Down Under souvenir hat|
Step 1 - find a hat!
- The blue Tour Down Under hat is perfect, don't you agree?
|Aritha = 1 of bamboo depicting a sparrow.|
Amalia = 2 of bamboo depicting 2 sticks.
- Allocate a number to each entrant according to the order in which their comments were received:
- Use Mah Jong tiles to represent each entrant in the hat. Number 1 of the bamboo suit has a picture of a sparrow on a branch. Number 2 of bamboo has 2 bamboo stick symbols.
- Place four of each tile into the hat.
- Cut up some orange and yellow paper squares to represent each goodie bag.
- Place an orange and yellow sheet of paper together while cutting to make squares of the same size in each colour. Once cut, I realised that small paper squares would be hard to shake and separate and harder to find in a hat.
|Paper squares scrunched up|
- Scrunch up the squares so they are bouncy and easy to pick up. I tried my best to scrunch them all to the same degree so that they are all the same size.
- Place scrunched paper tokens into the hat. There were eight of each colour.
|Everything ready for the draw to begin.|
Step 4 - the draw!
- Raise the hat above one's head.
- Shake the hat to mix the contents.
- Find a Mah Jong tile to see who the first winner will be - it was No. 1 (Aritha).
- Find a paper token to see what Aritha has won - the orange goodie bag!
- This means that Amalia wins the yellow bag!
Congratulations Aritha and Amalia!
Your souvenirs will be in the post soon.
Do you like to 'have a flutter', a bet on the races or a lottery ticket?
Do you enter many competitions?
Have you ever won?
Handmade by Amalia, blog: http://handmadebyamalia.blogspot.com/
Instagram - Jodiebodiecrochets: https://www.instagram.com/jodiebodiecrochets/
Moments Frozen in Time, blog: http://momentsfrozentime.blogspot.com/
Related Posts on Lupey Loops
"Tour Down Under 2019 Pictures and Giveaway!", 20 February 2019: https://lupeyloops.blogspot.com/2019/02/tour-down-under-2019-pictures-and.html
"Tour Down Under 2017 at Marvellous McLaren Vale", 3 February 2017: https://lupeyloops.blogspot.com/2017/02/tour-down-under-2017-at-marvellous.html