Saturday 17 May 2014

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week 2014: 5 - Something a Bit Different #5KCBWDAY5

Sounding Off

Today's challenge is to blog in a way different to how I'd normally blog. 
I like the idea of a podcast or adding sound to my blog post in some way.


In the Fourth Annual Knitting & Crochet Blog Week (2013) I posted song lyrics. (4KCBWDAY5)

If I knew how, I would have recorded my children and I singing and clapping the song in order to insert the recording into the page with the lyrics.

What equipment do I need to do this?  What software is available? Do I need any extra software or does Blogger have a feature somewhere?   

If you have successfully added sound to your blog pages, I would like to know how you did it and also have a link so I can visit and have a listen.

I must admit, I have often found sounds on web pages to be annoying and disruptive to the people around me. Here I am having a quiet time when a new page loads with an unexpected loud sound!  I don't want my pages to do that. Instead I would like to present it as an option to the reader. 

My little computer is not very powerful and it annoys me when pages take forever to load because it is waiting on a sound or video file.  Text and photos are good enough for me.

What are your experiences with sound and vision on blogs and websites?


Favourite Posts from Day 5

No comments:

Post a Comment